Samantha, a young adolescent who recently moved into a new apartment, was originally living with her two parents and younger siblings. Due to the toxic environment and unstable living conditions, Samantha chose to leave and find her own place. Due to the unhealthy relationship she has with both of them, she is not in contact with either of her parents. She wants be able to support and take over the responsibility of her siblings.
"Niagara Furniture Bank helped me at a point in my life when I had to choose between heat and food. Despite my embarrassment and shame, their team offered me support when I needed it most."
Niagara Furniture Bank
In the News
- "We need those champions in our community": Niagara Furniture Bank looking for heroes to help people sleep safely
- Holidays are for helping, says trio who dropped off bags with essentials at Community Care
- Niagara Furniture Bank hosting end-of-year furniture sale fundraiser
- Keeping it Green: Niagara Furniture Bank is a green community hub
- Furniture Bank stepped in to meet needs during pandemic
- Turning a shelter into a home improves mental well-being
- Furniture bank an investment in a better life
As part of the The Prime Minister of Canada’s introduced strategies, in working with the Canadian Alliance to End Homeless and to aid in the quick and fast response to COVID-19, the Niagara Furniture will remain OPEN. The Prime Minister of Canada is quoted in saying,...
The Niagara Furniture Bank Teams are currently working to ensure ALL community users who are currently scheduled to receive items do just that. In order to assist in Social Distancing, we will only be delivering curbside and will not be entering any residence. All signatures that are normally mandatory are being waived.
Toolbox Niagara We are super excited here at the Niagara Furniture Bank about the fact that this year we are partnering with James Symon, the man responsible for bringing the Toolbox Niagara Project as a volunteer and a member of our community, to help collect...